7.31.2002

 
T minus 1 and counting.

I know I am generally well-liked by my co-workers, and I really hope they all know that I adore them. So the thought of leaving them today for my new job as the night watchman at a library has me a little sad. But sometimes little moments like this make you remember one more time why you love all these people in the first place.

The last few days have not been as productive as normal because I've spent a lot of time reading and answering email from well-wishers. I have not been sleeping quite as much the last few days because I've been out at night spending time with people I may not see for quite some time, if ever again. And I just got a phone call from one of my most important friends (who's just down the hall) just to check up on me. It's the little things that really do matter. My whole body is a smile right now.

As awful as some parts of the last two years have been, on the whole, I really think the last two years have been the most wonderful years of my life to date. Certainly full of adversity and tremendous mistakes, but also peppered with tons of laughter, good times and memories to cherish.

To my friends, enemies and lovers who've so wonderfully impacted my life: here's to you. I'll miss you greatly.