8.25.2002

 
"Back in business, and all is grand..."

So the good news is that I passed all phases of night watchman training. As a reward I have no more drill sergeant, which means that my internet access is back and the Hose Monster lives to blog another day. The bad news is that tomorrow is my first actual day of watching the night. I'm a little nervous, to tell the truth, but I think I will be okay. I'm generally pretty good at figuring out new things.

Anyway, I really have missed writing in here and pretending like there are people out there who actually care that I do so. The real writing will commence again tomorrow, but the for the moment, I just have a few little pieces of business to which I must attend now.

First off, I need to give a very public thank you to my beautiful Blondemaster. Not only did she take over the reins of the blog for a few days and keep it running smoothly, she showed me a very wonderful time yesterday in Chicago (completely G rated, fear not) and gave me a very comfortable couch on which which I laid my very weary head for a night. Thanks babe, I owe you. When are you going to get your own blog up and running so I can give you a very public linking here?

Secondly, I finally got a chance to read my boy Alfred's stuff tonight, and I am quite stunned. He had some nice things to say about me on his blog, but more importantly, it appears he's truly arrived as a blogger and become part of the inside blogging crew. Apparently Meesh is all over his writing, and he even scored a link on Moxie. Very special times indeed. I feel flattered to think I know a little something about him. I'm looking forward to resuming my daily readings at his site.

Anyway, that's all I have for the moment. It's very late and I am very tired. Talk at you soon.