9.26.2002

 
Alfred gives me some unnecessary love, and pulls links to some of my greatest hits. I'm glad I know him (figuratively speaking, of course). He's very nice. And with that, I put a three day moratorium on the Alfred-Hose Monster love fest, lest people think we're sleeping together or something (just to clarify, I leave in a cornfield, he lives in paradise, so no chance of that).

This week just keeps getting weirder. I have something of an impromptu date in about a half an hour. I met the girl last weekend, and we talked about hanging out this week, but it didn't really solidify until this afternoon. It should be fun, I like being social. But damn I'm nervous.

This is really silly, because I really just want to go out and have a good time. Yeah, I'm horny, but I really do just want to have a good time. It's just that it really has been a long time since I've been on a real date. I tend to get involved with my friends, or my colleagues, or people I've known in some context for a while. I'm trying to think of the last time I went on a date with someone I hardly knew, and I'm drawing a blank. My phone rang five minutes ago and my stomach sank because I was sure it was her calling to cancel. It's like being 18 again.

Anyway, wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed that I don't make an ass of myself tonight.